3rd April Update - Transition pack and uploading challenges
Hello my little heroes!
Hope you are all keeping well and safe.
I have set up the Blogging page which you can see to the right of this (hopefully) which says Blog Spot! I have written a quick blog to start it off. I want to know what you're up to, how you're doing, if you need any help with anything! As you may have seen, I have taken up running with all this time off as well, so I will let you know how I get on with it.
I have made a youtube channel for different skills you can try - the first one is the toilet roll / myself talking about my running and new challenges. I will post a video a week with a different skill for you to try! Type in Mr Petts and you should be see me!
Please see below a science experiment Maisie Watts sent in which you can try! Give it a go!
For anyone needing help with Maths try looking on https://whiterosemaths.com/ they have free online tutorials which may help you.
Please find below a St Matthews Summer term transition pack! Here are some fun activities to get you prepared for secondary school and general life skills. Please complete during the summer term and bring them in when you have finished or e-mail to the office.
Please feel free to blog and keep in touch!
Follow these instructions:
Year Six Blogging
We are offering the Year 6 children the chance to add posts to our Beech Class Blog. We would love to hear what the children have been up to and see the areas they have been working on.
How to upload a post:
- Go to the webpage: www.st-matthews.hants.sch.uk/admin
- Type in the user name and password
- Username: YearSix@st-matthews.hants.sch.uk
- Password: Beech
- Find our class page by clicking on the Beech leaf on the front page.
- Click on the Beech Class Blog.
- At the menu at the top, click on create and then choose Post
- Type in your blog and choose a picture to upload. (The picture will need to be saved on your computer.)
- At the menu at the top, go to edit and choose save then send for approval.
- From the list of administrators, choose Mr Petts’s name.
- An e mail will be sent to Mr Petts so I can publish the page.
I will keep all the links below for you! Keep well, keep safe, keep active!
Miss you all, hopefully see you soon!
Please continue to read your reading book or another book daily if you can and record this in your yellow reading record. I have found that 'Hampshire Library Services' offer free ebooks and eAudiobooks which can be downloaded with a 'Hampshire Library Card'. I have downloaded a step by step guide which you will find at the bottom of this page to help you to download them. Please use this if you can as it is an excellent resource. https://www.hants.gov.uk/librariesandarchives/library